Owners Risk (No Insurance Cover)
General Terms and Conditions
We undertake work solely on the basis of the following terms and conditions:
Quotes and payment
- Where we have quoted a price based on information provided by you, we reserve the right to change the price if the information is incorrect, such as incorrect dimensions or weight or if the property/access has not been correctly described.
- Payment is on completion of the removal. If full payment is not made when required, then interest will be payable on the outstanding amount at the rate of 2.5% per month calculated daily and you shall indemnify us on demand for any costs incurred in obtaining or attempting to obtain payment for any outstanding amounts due to us by you including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis and/or agency collection costs.
- All or part of any work accepted by us may be fulfilled by us engaging or entrusting your goods to our authorised subcontractors on such terms as are agreed between us and them. You acknowledge that in carrying out the work on our behalf, subcontractors have the right to rely on the benefit of these conditions.
- You warrant that you are the owner or the authorised agent of the owner of the goods and are authorised to accept and do accept these conditions for and/or on behalf of all other persons or entities who are or may later become interested in the goods.
- It is your responsibility to:
- notify us if there is no convenient access to the property where the goods are situated;
- ensure the property is safe and advise of any hazards;
- ensure all information given to us is correct and complete;
- ensure that no items have been left behind or taken accidentally.
- You must not give us any of the following:
- Goods that are inadequately or incorrectly packaged;
- Illegal or stolen goods;
- Goods that are potentially dangerous or that contain anything that is potentially dangerous such as gas bottles, firearms, oils, paints and aerosols;
- Hazardous material;
- Valuable or fragile items such as jewellery, watches, precious stones, money, stamp and coin collections;
- Animals or plants.
- All goods are carried at Owner’s Risk, meaning that we will not pay compensation if the goods are lost or damaged unless we intentionally lose or damage them.
- Where any work carried out is not subject to the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, it is agreed that, to the maximum extent permissible by law, all work is undertaken at your risk and we shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage whatsoever, provided however that if any law stipulates that we cannot limit our liability in such a manner, you agree that nonetheless, our maximum liability is the amount you are obliged to pay us for the work performed.
- We accept no responsibility for damage to the surface of any area we are required to pass over or gain access to the point of pick up or delivery, or to pipes, cables or other fixtures beneath access ways.
- We shall not be responsible for any consequential losses or flow on third party losses which may be suffered in connection with our work.